Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

I KILLED SPIDERMAN AND I DIDN’T EVEN REALIZE IT.

I went to the dayroom tonight to check my email and hopefully compose my next blog masterpiece, but instead I ended up watching Spiderman 2.

Twenty minutes into the film, I got the munchies, so I headed to my room to get a bag of microwaveable popcorn. As I was opening the door to my room, I noticed a spiderweb with quite a specimen of arachnid sitting in the middle. I thought, oh great a fricken spider. I’ll fix that.

Well, the spider slipped my mind in an instant and I proceeded to grab a bag of popcorn, a bottle of water, and napkins and headed out the door but on the way out I noticed the little creature and couldn’t live with the thought that it could somehow end up in my bed feasting on my body. So, I put down the popcorn, water, and napkins, and grabbed my bottle of Raid and sprayed the life out of Spiderman. (Hey, I’m no Mary Jane.)

I didn’t miss too much of the movie. When I was watching what Peter was going through I thought of Buffy and what made her one of my favorite heroines of all time. Her family, well her mom and then her sister, and her friends knew she was the slayer and that was why she was so great at what she did. That’s exactly what Peter needed to do. Tell his family and friends who he really was and then his world would come together.

I wasn’t disappointed by the film. It was great. Greater than the first even. I think I have a new super hero, only this one is male but Buffy will always be number one.

1 comments:

winz said...

buffy is my no. 1 too! visited your blog because i saw the word "buffy" in it, and i wasn't let down... cool blog you have there and keep writing!