Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Army Recall: "As Soon as You Think You're Out, They Pull You Back In"

I've been called back into the Army. My report date is 28 May 2006.

I cannot describe how I'm feeling right now. If someone had asked me what would be the worst thing that could happen to me, this would be it. The Army is, and this is just my opinion, possibly the worst branch of the military for job satisfaction with a rather mediocre quality of life. The smoking and drinking culture-boy am I looking forward to that again.

This also means that U.S. is seriously thinking of invading Iran and things could get very ugly. Iraq is a breeze compared to what we are up against. Can you say nuclear holocaust?

This signifies the end folks. Pretty soon they will be drafting your sons and daughters or even yourself if you're still young enough. I mean I'm trained as an Army journalist, hardly a mission essential job for fighting wars like infantry, field artillery, special forces, medics etc.

When I get back I will continue with grad school and then shop for a drama free country to take up permanent residence in, one with lower taxes, lower cost of living, low crime, quiet, green, and underpopulated but hopefully with an Apple store.

8 comments:

Fantasy said...

Wow! That's something that you have to go back! Is that definite or you don't know for sure?

Shavonne said...

It's probably definite. I will know by Monday.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

04 17 06

Shavonne WTF? I am so confused, I thought you were done with your stint in the military and that is why you are going to school! My word things are insane! Well, Iceland has a flat tax structure and is affordable and New Zealand is affordable with nice people and a California type climate. Let me know if you move to either of those places when you return:( Ahhhh shucks. I wish you well and that God keeps you safe on whatever mission you are on. Take Care.

DarthImmortal said...

I cannot imagine what you are feeling right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

winz said...

I didn't know that they can still do this to you after your stint is already complete.
Take care, yah? My prayers will be with you.

Unknown said...

One of my best friends was called up DURING her leave when she was 6 months pregnant!! If she weren't pregnant, then she would've been thrown right back into it all. She spent 6 months in Afghanistan, then 1 year in Iraq w/o any leave time. She finally gets home to her husband, whom she'd seen a total of 1 week in 1 1/2 years, gets pregnant, and then gets called up AGAIN WHILE PREGNANT! Of course, they aren't going to force her back in while she's still prego, but she's terrified that after she has her baby, she's going to have to go back.

It's terrible. I'm sorry you have to go through this. On behalf of a whole lot of Americans, I'm truly sorry for all of this. I hope you are kept safe from harm and return home safely and in peace.

Best of luck.

Cynthia said...

Wow! This is terrible. I wish you all the best of luck. I think you are right about the Iran war. Bush visited the Hoover Institute on Friday and this is a pro-Iran war group.

James Manning said...

Best of luck with that. i'd have a fit if they called me back... actually, you'd find me Canada because I wouldn't go.