Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

An Email from the Soul Patrol

I hung out with someone that works in my building. Ever since then, she’s been forwarding emails to me. Some of them are very religious in nature and some are fun, and then there are the ones I can’t stand-the ones that tell me to forward this message to X many people.

When someone sends me emails of the mentioned nature to my personal email addresses, they get a (one) nasty gram. And I mean nasty. I have a very strict don’t-forward-crap-to-me policy. I don’t care if it’s funny. I don’t care about the subject, I don’t want it!! If you forward another piece of crap to me, I block you! I really mean it. I’ve blocked my own mother!

Since this was my work address and not my personal email address, I kindly requested that she not send me forwarded emails. This was her response:

"Hey, girly! Sorry - I enjoy forwards and enjoy blessing others with such thoughtful messages. Ok, I won't bother you with those emails anymore. Anyways, sorry we didn't get a chance to go to the movies two Sats ago. I went car shopping because I really needed a new car so bad. I didn't realize that it takes so much time just to go shopping for a car. I spent like two weekends looking. I’ve been so blessed because of Him! God promised me a new car in 90 days and one bank came back with a yes and I bought a ’04 Chrysler Sebring despite bad credit and 7 rejections!!! Yay! He is so faithful!!! Praise the Lord!!!

This past weekend I spent catching up on laundry and sleep – lol. I had a good weekend. So how was yours?”


I know you know what I’m going to make fun of. You have no idea how much discipline it took to not respond to this email. I really, really wanted to but that wouldn’t have been right.

I wanted to respond:

"Too bad you didn’t pray for good credit. You can do more with good credit that you can with bad credit and a new car. Yeah, it’s true! Praise the Lord!!! A-men!!!”

7 comments:

Cathie said...

God never gives me a new car. She must be so lucky!

;)

Cynthia said...

"Too bad you didn’t pray for good credit. You can do more with good credit that you can with bad credit and a new car. Yeah, it’s true! Praise the Lord!!! A-men!!!”

I was thinking the same thing. Sometimes people are too small-minded. Now if she got that car with bad credit, she is paying way too much money for it. I hate when people blame God for things like this. Why would God do this? She is not in a better position...

Anyway, you're right, it wouldn't have been nice. If she thinks like this, she wouldn't have even understood what you were trying to say.

DarthImmortal said...

Could you ask your friend if God could give me a car too? Not that I need one but I figure if God gives me a car he probably would pay the personal property taxes too, right? WOW! God is kinda like a sugar daddy.

Stacy-Deanne said...

First of all no one has a right to force unwanted mailings on you. As if people don't deal with enough Spam. My best friend from the Caribbean used to send me forwards all the time until I politely told her not to. She of course apologized and stopped. No harm done. But some folks continue. I hate forwards because everyone in the world gets your email. Plus no one should send anyone anything religious unless they know for a fact they appreciate it. You can't force your beliefs on someone else. Some folks believe in god, some don't. Some are very religious, some aren't. It's no one's business and people should respect that. Anyway, sending unwanted mailings is just rude. Check out my blog, Shavonne. I got some good updates going on. I also put up a new ITL interview.

Cathie said...

when my family used to send me those things, i just sent anti-iraq war forwards back, complete with gruesome pictures of people without arms, legs, or sometimes heads. i stopped getting those forwards.

Shavonne said...

Cynthia-

You're the only person that's commented the got the point of this post.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

04 17 06

I have generally discovered that people who forward stuff indiscriminantly are vacuous who have no understanding of the inconvenience that garbage causes. And you are right. So many people use their religion to be stupid, dumb and blind. God gave us a brain; so we need to use it. Apparently your acquantance is not using her brain too much... Ha!