Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

First Things and Other Things


IMG_0980.JPG
Originally uploaded by Shavonne
When I get home, the first thing I'm going to do is hit an In N Out burger. I've been craving a real cheeseburger since I left California. It's one of the few restaurants I'll miss if I ever leave California.

Now, for the other things. One of the unappealing aspects of being in the military is the fact that no matter how poorly you perform your job, you can't get fired. I've spoken with two people on this subject. One person said knowing you can't get fired no matter what you do is comforting. The second person said reenlisting is one of the first things on the to do list. The second person performs her job poorly.

Is there something I'm missing here? I personally would never perform any job poorly. Even with the Army, I at least try to uphold some kind of above-average job performance standard despite being bombarded with non-stop bullshit. And by bullshit, I mean the crap you're not troubled with at civilian jobs.

Speaking of other things I don't like about the military. When I was in AIT, I noticed animosity between the four branches. Being in Afghanistan, you'd think being American would unite the four branches and that you'd see more uniformity but there isn't. There are soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen from over a dozen different countries on the camp I'm at. Their Armies, Navies, Air Forces, and Marines (that's if these countries have four branches of military) all seem to be "fighting" the same battle (?).

Golly, this is more difficult to explain than I thought.

Take the British Forces. They all wear the same uniform. So do the French, Italians, Germans, Slovaks, etc., but our forces are so busy trying to look different from each other. While I applaud the Army for the change in uniforms, I'm actually saddened by the fact that there is a change in uniforms in all four branches giving each branch a distinctive look. In my opinion, American Forces should be wearing the same uniform!

Maybe that's why I'm craving a dang cheeseburger so much. It reminds me of America and they're pretty much the same no matter which restaurant you go to. The one thing that separates In N Out from the other burger joints is the quality of their burgers. They're so dang good. :smile:

0 comments: