Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The weekend












I went to a Game Night meetup at The Charleston in Santa Monica last night. It was fun. I met some really great people. I even got a job lead out of it. These events are really great for networking because getting a job nowadays is all about who you know, not what you know. I've been wanting to get out of my field of work for a while now.

Speaking of getting out of my line of work, it's one reason I haven't been blogging much in the last year. I'm really passionate about politics. I've wanted to blog about some pretty important issues but because of many of the government scandals, I'm glad I've kept silent. But I can't keep silent too much longer. It just doesn't feel right. So look for more posts about politics.

As far as my reading goes, I've been reading mostly Paleo cookbooks. I will be sharing the names of these cookbooks at a later date. I've cooked at least one recipe out of each cookbook and they turned out wonderful.

I need to get working on my resume and continue my job search. If I plan to move to the Los Angeles area before the end of this year, I'll need to find a job ASAP.

Good night.