Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Coursera: the Science of Gastronomy



I've been taking a course at coursera.org called The Science of Gastronomy. So far I've learned I can defrost meat faster if it is in a metal bowl submerged in water. I also learned my taste buds don't work well. I had to do an experiment based on the taste map. I had to rub something sour, bitter, sweet, and salty across four different areas of my tongue to see if I could detect the sensation, and if I could, how intense the sensation was. I actually could not taste anything. 

I wish I had more to post but I'm still working on a few things. I want to get them good enough to publish somewhere online. I'd like to get paid for something I write for once. 

I hope I hear from some of the jobs I applied for. The drive to work is driving me insane.

.