Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, September 22, 2014

My Hair



I haven't posted much to my blog in the past few years but I still get a lot of page views from people wanting to know more about Sisterlocks.

At one point in my natural hair journey I had considered getting Sisterlocks. The expense and not knowing a consultant in my area I could trust to do the install inhibited me from getting Sisterlocks.

While I don't have Sisterlocks and I still can't tell you much about them, I did learn to work with my natural texture of hair which I was completely unaware I even had.

How can this be you ask? Well, during my hair straightening days, I only laid eyes on my curls when my hair was wet after a shampoo and that would be only 10 minutes tops.  And if you still don't know what I'm talking about, then let me say, wet curly hair is not the same as dry curly hair.  Try running a  Denman brush through wet curly hair and then dry curly hair.

But after reading the Curly Girl Handbook by Lorraine Massey and Tightly Curly by Teri LaFlesh, I learned how to maintain my curly hair.

The Curly Girl Handbook was not as helpful for me as far as styling my hair. Finger detangling doesn't work for me as I don't have any patience. The information in Tightly Curly was more useful and I pretty much follow the styling instructions in this book.


My apologies for ending this post so abruptly but I've completely lost interest in the subject of hair.  Good night.

0 comments: