Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Making money via blogging

I don't think my blog will ever be popular in the blogosphere. However, if it should ever come to be, I will never pass the cost of reading/maintaining my blog to my readers.

Why is this? Because there are people with blogs and video blogs who make money via advertisements. Companies are willing to pay for space on blogs!

One blogger is requiring readers to purchase a subscription for $20 per month to read her blog. You can get a whole year's subscription for a whopping $200! I'm all for getting paid for knowledge and advice on a subject, however, I believe she could make more money by soliciting companies to buy space on her blog.

For example, lg15.com earns 10K a month from advertisements! I read this in a tech/gadget magazine. So if they can make that much money on a 3-minute video blog a month, this blogger can certainly garnish a nice chunk of change from the hot-button topics on her blog.