Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Labor Day Trikke Ride



It's been a long time since I’ve posted to my blog. I thought now would be a good time to update it.

I've discovered a way to exercise without it feeling like punishment. What’s my new favorite way to work out? Trikking. What is trikking? Well, it’s a body powered vehicle on three wheels, and no, as you can see from the picture, it’s not a tricycle. Tricycles have seats and don’t work your core muscles the same way a Trikke does. Trikkes cost more than a bicycle but you burn more calories and it’s much more fun.

I went on a 13 mile ride on my Trikke down in Long Beach on Saturday. I was introduced to some other Trikke enthusiasts and I met the creator of the Trikke and won a signed t-shirt.

My body hardly ached on Sunday. I was expecting very sore wrists and leg muscles but they only bothered me early Sunday morning. I was mostly tired and wanted to do nothing but read a good book, nap, and read some more of a good book. Instead of my planned reading, napping, and reading cycle for Sunday, I went to my cousin’s house for a bar-be-cue. I wish I had stayed home. It would have been less stressful and relaxing had I stayed home. I’ll blog about that experience on a later day.