Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, July 27, 2007

What About Our Daughters vs. BET


There's been some controversy over BET's new show "Hot Ghetto Mess". A fellow blogger from What About Our Daughters took a stance against the show by targeting companies that advertised during the show's premier and it worked. Sort of.

I'm no fan of BET. In fact, even if I were able to watch the network, I still wouldn't have been willing to watch the show just to find out which advertisers to boycott. It isn't just about "Hot Ghetto Mess". This is about all of the inappropriate, unoriginal programming aired by BET for the last decade!

I will continue to do with BET what I've done with Ebony and Essence magazines-I will continue to deny them my money and my time.