Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Surprising


I've never written any serious posts about our President.

I remember a conversation I heard while deployed to Afghanistan. I group of 30 something black men were discussing Obama's chances at the Oval Office. One in particular commented Obama didn't have a chance of being elected because he's married to a black woman.

Michelle, is not Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, or Carly Simon black. She's just black. I'm personally not used to seeing a black with Obama's high ambitions being attracted to, let alone being married to a black woman.

And I don't actually care. I was shocked for about 5 seconds. And then I started thinking about food.

I still haven't written any serious posts about our President.

0 comments: