Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Hello, the Phone is Ringing!

I, however, don't give a rats butt if and/or when my phone rings. That's what voice mail is for.

I've been getting calls from men I don't care to hear from. I don't know if it's just me, but if I don't bother to call a guy within a week, I consider that a sign to not call him ever again. Why don't men follow this philosophy?

Let's use Terrence as an example. The last time I heard from him was back in May. He wanted to start dating seriously. I was okay with that. It was almost summer and I needed someone or something to occupy my time. I told him that when I call him and leave a message on his voice mail, he better me back. He promised he would call me no matter what.

He just recently returned my last phone call. I was at work when it happened. I didn't recognized his number on my caller id so I answered. I recognized the voice immediately and pretended the reception was bad and hung up. I silenced my phone because I knew he would call back. He did but I didn't answer it.

He called me again while I was at work. I answered my phone yelling "I'm at work. What do you want!" He just wanted to talk. I told him again I was at work and hung up.

He called me later that night. We spoke for about 2 minutes before I got bored and asked why he called me. He said he just wanted to keep in touch with me.

Unfortunately, I don't care to hear from him. Maybe it would be different if we had established a friendship but that never happened because he never returns my phone calls.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

This is why I only communicate in Smoke Signals

Shavonne said...

Ha ha ha!