Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

There's Great News

One of my favorite books has been turned into a movie. Actually two of my favorite books have been turned into movies this holiday season, Memoirs of a Geisha and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I am so excited! And also, I've discovered Nanowrimo, which I totally plan on doing come November 2006. I'll have over a year to start outlining my novel. I have absolutely no idea what it's going to be about, but I'll have an entire year to think about it. In the mean time, I'll be writing some short stories or at least finishing the one's I've started. There's no time like the present to start thinking about my goals for the 2006.

And also, Nik will win.

5 comments:

Shavonne said...

I'm not a religious person at all but I still love the books. I just hope the movie follows the book. I hate it when the movie doesn't follow the book.

But there's Janowrimo! I just read about it at the Nanowrimo website. I don't feel like waiting a whole year before writing a novel and I need a deadline or I won't go through with it.

Becky said...

I can't wait to see Lion, Witch and Wardrobe either !That is going to be so awesome!Good for you for writing a novel, I will make sure to buy a copy if you promise to sign it!

Shavonne said...

Really. I've already signed up. I also signed up for Nanowriye just in case I want to continue the writing process.

Ryan said...

You should write a novel about a guy on Death row who eventually and miraculously escapes. Then in a massive twist he winds up committing suicide!

And there should be giantferrets and a man fighting a Zebra in it at some point.

MEP said...

I'm so excited about Memoirs of a Geisha coming out too! I'm going to see Narnia, but the geisha movie is one I've waited for since I read the book four or five years ago.