Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Phone Calls from the Edge: A Married Friend part II

My married friend (who I'll call Marge) told me last night she's thinking of getting a tummy tuck and liposuction.  Like I said before, she's still very pretty but she doesn't have that hour-glass figure anymore.

A year ago, I remember Marge telling me that her husband wouldn't have sex with her. Around that same time, I heard from another friend that Marge's husband was having an affair. I'm not sure how true that was, but an affair was first thing that went through my head.  I mean, a black man turning down in-house nookie? Yeah, right-only if he's getting it from somebody else.

I've never met Marge's husband and I can say I don't really like him.  Why don't I like him? Well back when I was in the Army, I came home to visit my mother for Christmas.  I did my usual-I called my girls and caught up on what had gone on in my absence (which wasn't much).  That's when my friend informed me she had gotten married.

I congratulated her.  She told me she had prayed to G-d everyday that he send her a husband. (I'm not sure I'd pray to G-d for that. You might not get what you prayed for.)

When she told me she was married she still had a semester to go before getting her degree bachelor's degree. Her husband, however, didn't want to wait 15 weeks before getting their baby-making mojo going.  That asshole. What's 15 weeks? Why didn't he want to wait so she could get her degree? Insecure perhaps?

I advised her to hold her ground and get her degree then have babies, unfortunately it was too late.  She was already pregnant with twins! Great.  If it took her 3 years to get through a junior college and 2 years at a university and still have a semester before becoming a graduate, I could imagine how hard going to school would be with two babies suckling her breasts and that's if she ever made it back to school at all.

But she did it. She got her degree in Sociology and had another baby at the same time. I still don't like her husband though. And I'm sure she probably suspects infidelity is the reason why he won't sleep with her or it could be that fact that she's very fertile. 

6 comments:

Shavonne said...

I don't know. The worst thing is when they try to bring you in on the drama just because you don't have any. The worst thing about this friend is she wants to hang out and that's time I just don't have now that I'm back in school.

Cynthia said...

Maybe, he just don't like her...

Ms.Honey said...

WOW....sometimes we try to make excuses for things that we know aren't right.

nikki said...

any cat who thinks it's aiight for a sista to put her life on hold so he can get some babies is an insecure idiot.

divine oasis said...

it never ceases to amaze me. the amount of women that suffer from the low self esteem syndrome. c'mon, if your man isn't having sex with you, then there's definitely a situation at hand that needs to be dealt with.

i love it when a woman recognizes her worth and will not settle for less.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

03 29 06

Hey there Shavonne:
Drama geesh! Whenever a husband stops sleeping with the wife, there is a real problem. Sometimes it can be stress related, and other times not. I find it strange that he hasn't been too supportive of her educational and personal goals. And now she is pumping out babies and what else is she doing to better HERSELF? That is a problem, we are taught to always help others and be there for our men. But if the man ain't worth it then what? It is best to live for yourself and your goals and dreams and usually a man will come when you are involved in things that are good for you...