Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My future hairdo



I've been seriously considering cutting my hair. I went searching the
net last night for short haircuts I thought would be flattering and I
came across a picture of Halle Berry.

I think I have the right facial structure to pull off this hairdo. Or
maybe not. I'm just tired of wearing my hair pulled back when I don't
have time to do it. Actually I'm tired of refraining from doing
things simply because I don't want to sweat out my hair or mess up my
hair. You know there are lots of black women who don't know how to
swim simply because they didn't want to mess up their hair? It's one
of the reasons why I live in a dry climate and not a humid one. When I
get my hair done, I don't want to mess up my hair.

A male (and black) co-worker said having my hair that short would make
me look older. He thinks Halle Berry looks younger now with long hair
than she did all those years she wore her hair short. I think he just
likes long hair. Any man who likes long hair, well, he should just
get himself a white girl, or Asian, or Latina. I just can't deal with
long hair anymore. I want a man that wants me to feel comfortable
with myself.

I sent an email to my cousin Vic and of course she thinks the cut will
look great on me. I knew she would though. She's all about breaking
those black woman mantras going around. My cousin Vic cut her hair
not too long ago and has no regrets. I don't think I will have any
regrets because right now, I wear my hair in bun everyday and it takes
two hours to comb it out when I wash it. Cutting my hair short would
give more time to do other things.
--
Shavonne