Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Stormy Weather

It's thundering and lightning right now.  I really, really think days like this are romantic. This is the first day in a long time I wish I had a boyfriend to snuggle with. 

I got a text message from someone today.  It was sweet that he was thinking about me.  I tried to send him a text but I'm completely useless when it comes to mobile phones.  I hate them with a passion. I'm much better with computers.

My day went by pretty quick. I just wish the next year goes by even faster. 

I went to a barbeque last night.  There was great food as usual.  The Italians really know how to cook animal flesh.  I don't think my body can digest alcohol, though.  As soon as I took a sip of some white wine I felt the need to throw up.  There's another party next week. I can't wait to go. Last night's BBQ and the one before were the best meals I've had since I've been in Afghanistan.

I'm totally depressed about my friend's reenlistment in the Army. I was hoping she would get out but I know it was the money that tempted her to stay in. I wanted to ask her if she did it for the money or if she was aware that she wouldn't get called back in if the got out since she reenlisted back in 2005.  Her first reenlistment should have nulled her original contract with a 4 year IRR obligation. 

That's it for now.  I think I'm going to spend the next couple of days reading over that JANOWRIMO book I started writing at the beginning of last year.  Maybe I can salvage some of it or continue with it.  I don't know. I just need to get cracking on some creative writing. 

--
Shavonne