Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Worst trip to the beauty salon ever

I knew I would have a bad hair day when I was told the Russian girl
wasn't coming back, but I decided to give the new girl a try anyway.

Now, I only use Kera Care products in my hair because I have a
sensitive scalp and other products, especially grease, will cause my a
breakout along my hair line and a flaky scalp. I always bring my own
shampoo/conditioner when I go to a salon that doesn't carry products I
normally use in my hair. The beautician washed my hair adequately,
considering she had long acrylic nails and she put a ton of leave
conditioner in my hair (which is fine because the climate is really
dry) but when it came to blow drying, she hasn't got a clue. She
started spraying a ton of oil sheen in my hair. I was a little
bothered by that but I let it slide. Then she started blow drying my
hair and the heat from the blow dryer combined with the oil sheen
created a smoky atmosphere, which set off the fire alarm. TWICE. The
first time it went off people were walking past the shop and looking
in and workers from the other shops were mouthing at us to stop
whatever we were doing because the alarm was loud. Then the fire
department came running in the building looking for a fire that didn't
exist. (By the way, the firemen were HOT!)

When the alarm went off the second time, the Firemen decided to shut
off the alarm system. They told manager of the salon to call
whenever she was done with my hair. You have no idea how embarrassing
it was. Everybody knows who I am because they have to come through
where I work. I will now be known as the American chick who's hair
set off the fire alarms in the Milano. TWICE!


--
Shavonne