Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Not up to blogging lately

I haven't been feeling like blogging or studying since I learned of my mobilization.  In fact, I dropped my second class after one week.

I subitted my paperwork for an exemption to the Delay and Exemption Board.  I don't think they will grant me an exemption, which is why I dropped my class.  When it comes to the Army, I always expect the worst. This is indeed the worst.

On a brighter side, I came across a quote in US Weekly magazine that will be my inspiration for a book I will write sporadically or full-time, depending on where I'll be for the next two years-at home continuing with my studies or in the Middle Eastern desert baking.

"I was conceived on Avenue X in Brooklyn with a ....condom that broke.  My mom was ready to get an abortion.  She was at the clinic...and then she felt me move, and she fell in love with me right then." -Rosario Dawson, US Weekly, March 27, 2006.

 

--
Shavonne

0 comments: