Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I finally saw it. I have to say that my coworker made way to much of a deal out of that so called sex scene. I thought I was going to see to bare naked men going all buck wild in the mountains of Wyoming. It wasn't even like that. The scene was maybe 45 seconds long. They were fully clothed and by the end of it, I wondered if it even happened. Shit, it was hardly the eye traumatizing, nausea-inducing scene my coworker made it out to be. I guess seeing two men swapping spit was too much for her to handle and they hardly even did that. Not as open minded as she claimed.

As far as my Asian friend that asked the mayo question, I never got the nerve to ask him what I wanted to ask him. It wouldn't be appropriate.

There was something else I wanted to write about but I completely forgot what it was.

UPDATE:
I just read the short story this movie is based on (it was published in the New Yorker in 1997) and I have to say the director leaves much of the sex part of the relationship up to the imagination of the viewer. They really did go buck wild in the mountains of Wyoming. I also think it's interesting this was written by a woman.

0 comments: