Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Random thoughts about tv and writing


I was watching Lost last night and as usual I couldn’t quite figure out why anyone would want to leave The Island.

I want to get lost on The Island. Away from my 40-hour a week job and 2-hour a day commute.

What would it be like to only have to work 10 hours a week to meet all my basic needs? Wow. That would be so awesome. I wouldn’t know what to do with my time. I could learn to swim. Go hiking. Fish. Lay out on the beach and get a really nice tan. I would get Sawyer to walk around all day without a shirt so I can stare at his man nipples.

But I wouldn’t be able to eat my new favorite snack- Breyers Lactose-free Vanilla Bean ice cream and Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal. Yum yum. I discovered this by accident. I haven’t been able to get to the store to buy my soy milk and I really wanted some cereal.

I wouldn’t be able to eat my ice creamy crunch. I could live with that if I meant I could live on The Island.

I’ve been squeezing in some time to read Stephen King’s On Writing. I like the book though it doesn’t give much practical advice on writing. What I like most about the book is how he says he doesn’t focus on plot. He prefers situations. I can imagine that was how Lost was created. What if a plane crashed on a remote and mystical island and the survivors discovered other inhabitants? I’ll never understand why the survivors would want to leave The Island. At first, The Island was scary but when the focus shifted from the mysteriousness of The Island and onto the Others, I kind of lost interest in the show. But it’s getting better. The six people who managed to get off of The Island are trying to go back. That’s what I’m talking about.

Anyway. I’m going to try focusing on putting a character or characters in a situation to see where they go.

Anyways, I came across a couple of stories about the status of Hollywood and a couple of shows I’ve been watching. I’m not sure I like the direction Grey’s Anatomy is going. I don’t get Izzy’s dead boyfriend. And I thought it was kind of weird that she was having great sex with someone who’s dead. That’s one hell of an imagination but I can say I know what a good imagination and a sturdy pair of hands can do.

0 comments: