Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks


A few days ago I joined Twitter. I don’t get Twitter. It’s like a super dooper watered down version of Facebook (which I also don’t get). I have a blog. I think it’s the issue of having to login to Twitter to update my status. I think if Twitter really wanted to be something of use, then it would automatically update your Web whereabouts in the same way your gravatar follows you when you use your email address. I don’t think I’ll be using Twitter much. I’m not good at remembering passwords.

I came across this blog post about Facebook and how people will add hundreds of friends. I don’t get that either. I don’t add or accept friendships from people I don’t know, which means I have about 13 friends, or seven family members and six friends. I won’t even add an acquaitance. I actually have to know the person. I’m going to remove a couple of people from my friends circle because I find their language offensive and don’t want to associate myself with them. There’s something about having to use your real name on Facebook that makes me want to be very careful of who I associate myself with.

I despise Myspace. I have an account there, too but I think I’m going to let it close when the time comes. I had the opportunity to let it close a year ago but decided to keep it. I prefer the interface of Facebook.

I’m finally taking the time to listen to my John Denver Greatest hits. I totally get it. I totally love it.

I meant to write some movie reviews. I’ve watched seven movies in the last 10 days. I went out with a meetup.com group to eat at Super King Buffet and watch “He’s Just Not that Into You.” I liked the movie a lot. The guy who was with us said the movie was full of stereotypes about dating and marriage. I wouldn’t know anything about that. I haven’t been on a date in 2 years and I’ve never been married.

I liked Eagle Eye, hated The Secret Lives of Bees, and thought The Dark Knight was entirely too long.

Why are religious folks always depicted as loonies in movies? I rented The Mosquito Coast and didn’t know whether to think of the Missionary as the loony or Harrison Ford’s character as the bigger loony. I mean the preacher man didn’t go around burning churches. Both men wanted people to worship something that’s for sure. Harrison Ford’s character really seem to think ICE was the ingredient for civilization and built this giant ice-making machine in the middle of the Amazon rainforest.

I do think cold weather helped to create more advanced civilizations. Think about it, people living in warmer and tropical environments hadn’t changed their lifestyles for hundreds of centuries, while people living in colder climates established permanent communities, learned to grow crops, and domesticated animals.

Well, I’ve got some cleaning to do. Hopefully I’ll be finished by noon.

0 comments: