Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Work


I haven’t done as much blogging as I had hoped once I finished with school. Granted, I finished school just this past Monday so it’s not like weeks have gone by and my blog’s gone cold.

I work with some aged folks. Actually, I work with a lot of aged folks and I keep hearing them make comments about the differences between the older generation and the newer one (mine). I personally think it’s really idiotic to stay with one employer for twenty years, especially when downsizing to “save” money is the standard procedure with most companies. Then when you look at the fact that the U.S.A. is a consumer country instead of a producer, then you really start to see how no one’s job is safe from outsourcing. If your job can be sent to India or China, or Africa to pay workers $0.30 an hour compared to $10 an hour in the U.S., then you really get nervous about the security of your job. Of course, I don’t fall into either one of those categories but a lot of Americans do.

Anyway back to the differences between the two generations. I can’t speak about the other people in my generation, but I really value job satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment. I get neither with my current employer. Advancement, I think was an option but I don’t think I would have been moved to another location so, that possibility was pretty much out the door. Plus, I hate the commute.

Anyway, I don’t get any pleasure at being at work all the time. And overtime? Who cares about the extra money. I want my time away from the office! I want to get lost. The older generation is the opposite. They want to work overtime and come in on the weekends and stay until 1 a.m. Crazy crackheads! They’ll never get that time back. Carpe diem!!

Speaking of Lost. It seems the Oceanic six have pretty pathetic lives away from the island. i think Sun and Kate are okay but Sun is occupied with avenging the “death” of her husband and Kate is afraid someone will discover the truth about Aaron’s maternity.

I guess I would be Team Locke because I’d have done everything I could to keep them from leaving the island.

They just don’t know how good they’ve got it.

0 comments: