Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Locking hair: Sisterlocks vs Nappylocs

8
In my search for more information about Sisterlocks, I've learned a lot about the process and what to ask when you meet with a consultant.

I think I probably feel like a lot of people when I voice my frustration about the secrecy behind the patterns. Just because I know how to do something doesn't mean I'm willing to do it myself. I know how to change the oil in my truck and custom frame a picture, but that doesn't mean I want to do it. I'm willing to pay someone else to do the things I don't want to spend my time doing but apparently if people know what it is the consultant is doing to their hair, people won't want to pay a consultant. Whatever. It's only bad business if the consultant doesn't know what she's doing and she's screwing somebody's hair up out of ignorance or laziness.

I want to know as much as I can about what's being done to my hair so that if someone tells me 3 inches of the end of my hair will be left out of the pattern, I'll know to tell that person to stop being lazy and lock the whole length.

I purchased the Nappylocs business in a box and started reading the booklet. The Nappylocs booklets describes several different patterns that can be used to lock one's hair: 8, 6, 5, 3, and 2-point patterns. Now the book doesn't say which pattern works best on which hair types but my guess is the looser the curl pattern, the tighter or more turns you want (8 or 6 pt).

0 comments: