Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Blog Themes

There's really no theme to my blog. I write about what I don't want to keep in my head. My apologies for being inconsiderate. I know you don't want to read crap all the time. I certainly don't.

But someone brought it to my attention that I'm always writing about being single. It's kind of hard not to write about being single. No one lets me forget. I just hope I don't whine and sound all bitter about it because I've come across some bloggers that do and it makes me want to slap the poo out of them.

I had a talk with my Army buddy from Atlanta, Georgia who's stationed in Italy. I've mentioned her before in my blog; she was the one that was dating a white boy. You know, caucasian. European descent. Not light skinned but white like Toby Maguire. Bare with me, I still don't really believe it.

I love talking on the phone with my Army buddy. She always says something brilliant like

"Why do Italian women give up their birthright to live like black women?"

Damn. Wow. See what I mean? She's noticed many unwedded or single Italian woman raising brown-sugar babies (biracial). I don’t know why Italian women would want a Nigerian that can’t get a decent job because he’s not a citizen or a black American GI over a family-oriented and established Italian man. (I wish she would start a blog already so I can read about her experiences and observations about Europe!!) If you would like to read about her experiences please leave a comment on my blog so I can email them to her. We might be able to convince her to start blogging.

Anyway, I'm planning a two-week trip to Italy for September. Hopefully in those two weeks, I’ll get to see a lot more than Italy. I don’t plan on sleeping at all while I’m there. Would you?

5 comments:

ManNMotion said...

I went to Italy about a year and a half ago, it was great. One of the best days was spent with my sister and a friend of hers who actually lives in Italy. Also, keep in mind that a lot of times the areas around US military bases are not really representative of a country as a whole. I'm sure your experience will bear this out. Hopefully you'll get to post some pics of your trip.

DarthImmortal said...

I enjoy reading your blog just the way it is; so I don't think you need a topic. I also enjoy reading your rants about being sinlge and it one of the reasons I keep coming back. The Dilbert stories are classics. :0)

Shavonne said...

Darth-

ha ha ha. Well I'm glad I almost choked on a tongue a couple of times for your amusement.

Dedrick Knox said...

The color of one's skin does not matter when it relates to matters of the heart. You speak as if there are no good black men left. The same arguement can be made about black women. It's just as hard to find a good black woman as it is to find a good black man. I think the problem is not with our gender but with the black community as a whole. I think it all boils down to the balck man. My father's generation as a whole were not strong black men. They didn't raise their sons to be men and they caused their daughter's to have a negative image of what a black man looks like. This has trickled down to my generation. Men running around disrespecting women, not raising their kids, or keeping a job for that matter. Women have lost all respect for the black man, don't know how to treat him, only looking for what she can get because she saw her mother go through hell with her dad. I thank GOD for my dad for being a positive role model and teaching the right way to be a man. Most black men have a hard time beating that drug dealer-criminal stereotype. I know because I am a black man. Most black women have a problem beating that gold digger-only good for laying on their back stereo-type. I know because I have seen enough of them. But that would never lead me to say that white women are better, or hispanic women are better because that is not true. I think everyone should be judged on a individual basis regardless or their skin color. I think there are some really good sucessful black men left in this world, it just sounds like to me you have not met one yet.

EmergingPhoenix said...

OHHHH!!! You will have so much fun in Italy!! I went a few years back, and it was great!! I have great memories from there. No Italian men hook-ups though, I wasn't feeling too flirty...although the men were. ;)

Unfortunately, I have to say that Berlusconi's ideals, and the unemployment rate have made some Italians a little Xenophobic. If they recognize you as American (African-American that is) they will be a little more welcoming, but if they think you are an African immigrant/refugee(especially if your hair is natural, because they assume African-Americans straighten their hair), they may get a little snotty with you.