Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, February 27, 2006

G-d, Please Save Me From Your Followers

Christianity, Judaism, Islam and any other religion I’m too lazy to mention are 24-hour, 7-days-a-week religions and lifestyles. They are not a part time gigs! If you’re Christian, you don’t believe part of what the Bible says, you believe the whole book, not this verse or that passage, but whole thing from cover to cover!

I’ve been told I should go to church. Why? So I can learn to be deviant? I have no respect for religious institutions whose members fail to conduct themselves in the manner the religion says they should. The day I meet a real Christian or Jew or Muslim, is the day I’ll become one.

So on Sunday or Friday or whatever day you “worship”, remind your Pastor, Priest, Rabbi, Imam, or Reverend to remind the congregation that their religion is also their lifestyle.

The end.

11 comments:

DarthImmortal said...

I agree with you completely: Check out this link:

http://www.evilbible.com/Top_Ten_List.htm

Dedrick Knox said...

You being a Christian has nothing to do with what others believe or how they practice, but what you believe in and how you practice. I am not one to say what is right or wrong but only what my beliefs are. I know there is a God and he lives inside of me and my conscious is the religion I follow because God lets me know through my feelings when I am doing something wrong. There are no perfect men only perfect ideas

Cynthia said...

I think religions in general are not meant to work like this. It has never made people act better. Just take a look at what happened to us in slavery and all the other atrocities in the bible.

Stacy-Deanne said...

Shavonne you have to be true to yourself. I don't claim to be under a certain religion. But I do believe in treating people right and being the best person I can be. I also respect people's decisions about religion. Whether you believe in God or not, it's a person's choice. No one has a right to tell someone if they should to go church. People are different and they should be able to live their lives the way they want to. I admire real Christians. You can tell them a mile away. I also admire people of all religions and people who don't fall under any religion. I look at the person individually. I don't look at their religion or what they practice. I think being a good person is more important than anything. I already know you're a good person no matter what.

nikki said...

well damn...you sound just a little pissed about this. LOL

Shavonne said...

Stacey-

Real Christians are hard to find and when I do meet one I'm in absolute awe. They are truly beautiful people. Those are the kind of Christians that make me think "Dang, I want to be like them. Where can I sign up?"

Shavonne said...

Nikki-

I hate it when sinners try to recruit me. How I worship is MY business.

Shavonne said...

Deuce-

Well I wish Christians would respect that fact that I like to be spiritual in private.

Shavonne said...

Darth-
I thought I had issues with organized religion.

nikki said...

you damn right, shavonne. i can't disagree with you there because i feel the same way. it's about a personal relationship with god, not how you believe.

Dedrick Knox said...

I agree you should be able to worship however you feel because you are responsible for your own soul....at least until you are married!