Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'll Be Seeing Poppies After All

IMG_0146
IMG_0146,
originally uploaded by Shavonne.
I was almost worried that the lack of rain this winter would mean no poppies to photograph. But, it's been raining and raining hard and I'm happy about that because I love green or any color besides tan or brown and plants other than tumbleweeds. I can't wait until the poppy festival.

That's all for now. Enjoy the picture.

5 comments:

Waddie G. said...

cute photo!

Shavonne said...

Professor-

You like my poppies? Thanks!

Shavonne said...

Viper-

You're welcome. I try to keep my post 500 words or less simply because I usually will lose interest in the subject at that point.

Stacy-Deanne said...

Wait, Shavonne did you take this? I am a landscape photographer on the side and can I tell you that this is WONDERFUL! Do you do this as a hobby? You got a great eye! This picture is fabulous! I can definitely see this on a postcard. You want to see some of my work then go to Stacy-Deanne.net(http://www.stacy-deanne.net) and go to my Biography Page. Scroll to the bottom and I have some of my photography on there. Girl, this was good! See, photographers see things in pictures others may not. I tell you, this is an amazing picture.

Shavonne said...

Stacy-

I'm blushing. Yes, I took this picture. Photography is one of my hobbies. I don't have any formal training with a still camera but I use the techniques (rule of thirds) I learned as broadcast journalist shooting video for television news stories.