Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Breaking Ties

I was supposed to meet the Asian guy on Saturday but I called him Friday night and told him I wouldn't make it. My number one reason for telling him hanging out would be impossible was because of school and my second reason was just because I didn't have the desire to. I don't think he got it though. He kept asking if my schedule would always be that way and I told him my schedule didn't matter because I didn't have the desire to try to get to know him better.

I know what you're thinking Why did you string him along? I didn't. He contacted me first (via email) after having viewed my profile which clearly stated I was not looking for romance, dating, one-night stands, serious relationships, or swinging action-just friends and networking. There was never any intention for romance on my part and I even told him that in an email. He, however, believed eventually people would develop feelings after spending time together. I told him it was possible but I doubted I would develop feelings since I wasn't in the right mindset.

Since our first phone conversation, I had been holding off telling him I wasn't interested in him romantically. I kept thinking about how I would tell him over and over in my head and feeling really guilty. I don't know why either. I think it was because I should have nipped our communication after his first email to me. Sorry Bud, but you're looking for long-term relationship and I'm not. We're not compatible. Good luck in your search.

I thought I would be feeling guilty but I'm not. I actually feel five pounds lighter and emotionally happier since Friday night. I will never put off something like this ever again. It's too much of an emotional drain.

7 comments:

Shavonne said...

Viperteq-

That's online dating for you. I've had married men try to get at me. It doesn't matter which website I used (match.com or plentyoffish.com) all the men wanted a lot more than I was looking for.

Thanks on the compliment for the redesign. I tried to use Golive but it took too long trying to figure out how to use the application so I said screw it and started messing around with the codes on my template. It took about two hours of fiddling with it to get it the way I wanted.

Stacy-Deanne said...

Sometimes you can't get rid of a guy. I've had many situations where I've told a guy up front, loud and clear I didn't want him and he still wonders why. If you get the chance, check out one of my January posts " Men Listen Up: I Don't Have to Give You A Reason! ", LOL! It explains the situations I've had. Sometimes it's not that a woman strings a man along. Sometimes it's that these men refuse to get the hint. But always keep your eyes open because you never know when the guy is just a cling-on or if he may be a stalker. So...we should always watch signs of men who can't let go. Not, speaking of this situation for you, I'm just saying in general you know? But some men won't leave you alone and it takes a brick to fall on their heads. Wanna exchange links? I am enjoying your blog. I will add your link to mine. I'll be taking a break from posting on mine(just not in the mood lately) but I will try to stop in and comment on other's.

Shavonne said...

Stacey-

I could tell Asian guy would eventually turn into a stalker. After our first meeting, he called my cellphone 3 times!! One voicemail is more than enough. I don't always keep my phone on because I usually don't feel like talking to anyone and I do have voicemail. On top of that I told him I would call him on Thursday but he ended up calling me first. I'm really glad there's sixty-something miles between us. I could picture him following me home.

You have three websites which one do I link to?

Stacy-Deanne said...

Shavonne, you can link to my blog.
http://stacy-deanne.blogspot.com

And it's a good thing you've cut contact with that Asian guy. Hopefully he will get the hint.

Superstar Nic said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my site.

It does not seem like you were stringing him along. Its good that you went ahead and told him that you were not interested. I hope he will get the hint to.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

02 21 06

Well at least you were honest:) In the end, that is the best policy to have. And you will be able to cut things off in the future, should you be in this situation again:)

nikki said...

you did the right thing! all you can be is honest with your feelings.