Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A little bit of Black History

One of the things that annoys me about black folks is how they bring their children into the world.

This past Thursday, I met with a group of singles who live in the AV. One of the ladies, a Jamaican twenty-something, asked me if I had any kids. When I answered her question, she then told me I should get on it and asked what I was waiting for. I told her I was waiting on a husband.

I don't understand why black folks think it is okay to have children outside of marriage. I was born that way as well as most of my cousins. Growing up without a father in the home as greatly effected myself and my cousins.

For her to even suggest I have children without being married insulted me greatly. I can see things from her point of view. When everyone around you has their children that way, it becomes normal. I'm not into doing things the black way. Just one really bad habit the black community practices that needs to be shelved and forgotten.

0 comments: