Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Setting standards to live by

"Setting the standards you need to aim for in life."

I watched the movie Courageous tonight. It was the most beautiful, awesome, biblically focused movie I've ever seen.

The whole movie touched me dearly, but the part I cherished the most was when the Nathan Hayes (the black officer) takes his daughter to a fancy dinner and gives her a heart shaped-ring. He told her that if he knows a guy interested in her loves God, that guy will also love her. He said the ring would be replaced the day she gets married, but until then he would take care of her and respect her as a lady. He not only showed her how valuable she was to him, but he set an example for the type of man she should be looking for. That was priceless.

0 comments: