Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, February 06, 2012

Purple sweet potato cheesecake

Here's a picture of my purple sweet potato cheesecake I made.

It turned out good. I only had one person say they didn't like it. I didn't care too much for the nut crust but considering I'm trying to go gluten free, it was better than the flour alternative. I think next time I will add some honey just to give the crust the sweetness folks said it needed. I should post the recipe but I must admit, I didn't come up with the recipe. I got it from Wellness Mama. All I did was substitute the pumpkin with the purple sweet potato.

I got seven mini cheesecakes from this recipe with enough batter left over to make an eighth mini pie but ran out of the nut crust. Had I use less crusts for the other pies, I would have had enough crust for the eighth pie.

0 comments: