Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Obtaining Instruction

I was able to talk to my mom about some of the things going on with my cousin and her kids. I'm not sure if my mom is thinking clearly but she's thinking better than she was yesterday.

How much should someone do to help another person? Do you hold the person's hand through the entire journey or do you let that person stumble along the way? What if the person has no desire for your help or want your help but don't want to change?

My mom wants to help two of my cousin's children so bad, I don't think she even considered they may not want the help. Or they may want the help but don't want to change, not understanding the assistance will do nothing for them if they don't change.

To add to the complication is not being there to mentor them and monitor their progress. There won't be anyone to hold them accountable. Everyone needs a mentor in some area of their lives.

These are things I will need to pray about. I know what needs to be done, not sure if it can be accomplished.

0 comments: