Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

One awesome Bible reading app

I rediscovered an app for my phone that helps me keep track of my Bible reading. More information can be found at youversion.com.

I originally discovered this app over a year ago but didn't do anything with it because it was very limited. But the developers have really made this an app worth blogging about and using. Here are just a few of the reasons why I like it do much:

1. There are 27 translations of the Bible to choose from.
2. Many of the common translations have an audio version. So, if you are more of a listener rather than a reader, you can enjoy God's word.
3. There are probably hundreds of reading plans to choose from ranging in length from a few days to 2 years. I'm reading the Blended plan but I've also started Topical reading plans which range from 5 to 7 days each.
4. The app is free.
5. The app can be synced across multiple mobile devices and you can send yourself email notifications for the day's reading if you are like me and can't have a phone at work.

Well, this is all I can think of at the moment. I would go to the website to sign up, then go to the app store to download the app. I have an iPhone but I think this app is available for Android, too.

0 comments: