Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Purple Sweet Potatoes

I finally got my purple sweet potatoes in the mail. I already tried making mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are not my favorite and the beautiful purple color of these potatoes haven't changed my opinion. I still don't like mashed potatoes.

I didn't like the way the potatoes were packed. And some of the potatoes were broken a bit but that's what I get for $22 for 12 pounds. I would have preferred them to be packed in a sturdier box.

The potatoes are a lot smaller than I expected. When I did additional research online, I found that the purple sweet potato ranges in size from fingerling to about 1 pound. Anything larger than 1 pound will be very fibrous. I'm not fond of stringy potatoes.

I'm still absolutely adoring the color and can't wait yo make a cheesecake or sweet potato pie with these little darling purple spuds. I'm really enjoying cooking.

0 comments: