Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is pleasing to the Lord

"for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:8-10 ESV)

These Bible verses are from the day 1 topic study on dating and relationships. When I watch tv, I get the impression that sex is something that is a social norm for couples to do outside of marriage.

Couples living together seems like the norm but I know different. It is only to be done in the context of marriage.

I really wish I had been taught these things growing up. My would be a lot different. But my parents, in particular, my mom can't teach me something she hasn't done herself.

I go every year to my mother's church for Mother's Day. Last year, a guest speaker got up and started talking about how things were done when she was a child. (This woman had to be in her 70s.) she mentioned how women didn't have children without husbands. Then she apologized for comment and couldn't understand why as sex outside of marriage is a sin and we were in a church. Not understanding why anyone would see the need to apologize for a comment about sin in a church but it happened.

I guess that is why my mom and I attend different churches.

0 comments: