Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Getting fired, laid off, downsized, whatever you want to call it


No, I didn't get laid off or fired but someone hired up my chain of command did. It's really sad. I think this person had spent 20 years with the company. On top of that, there is a job posting which this person could have qualified for.

There's no such thing as a secure job.

My job isn't secure by any means, which is why I'm working on building other streams of income. I need to keep working it. I will never give up. I'll have more security with my business than with a job. You can't control your job, how much money you make (companies would pay you less if they could) or how high up the corporate ladder you go. Some say you have control but you don't. For example, it seems the first people to go are those in management positions.

I need to stop thinking about this. I'm getting depressed. I'm thankful I have a job and that's all I should be thinking about and building my business.

0 comments: