Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Love - feeling or choice?


I was curious about love after posing the question to someone I work with the other day. Is love a feeling or a choice?

The person I work with is around my age and hasn't been married long. His answer to the question was love is a feeling and he explained that he never felt more love and hate for a person like he has for his wife. This is his first marriage and again he is young. So, I decided it would be best to ask someone who's older and has been married a lot longer.

Today, I asked a man who's been married for 20 years to the same woman. I also asked a man who's been married twice; the first marriage lasted 10 years and the second marriage lasted 5. They both said when you first marry, love is about the feelings but after they got used to their wives, love was about the choice.

I've read the Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman, and he says eventually the 'in love' will fade and people are faced with a choice: do they stay together or go their separate ways. With the high divorce rate, it is clear people choose to separate.

What are your thoughts on love? Is love a feeling or a choice?

0 comments: