Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Day 2


I was invited to join another meetup group in L.A. so I accepted the invitation. The organizer is really nice. She took the time out of her day to email me.

I haven't been keeping up with my goals this year and it's only day 2. At least I'm getting the blogging thing done with. My goal to get one name and phone number a day. I don't feel like leaving the house.

The good news is my calendar is getting full for the weekends.

I have no desire to blog. Though I have enjoyed watching movies with the main characters being writers.

I watched Julie and Julia and completely enjoyed the movie. I think blogging through a cookbook is an excellent idea though I don't have time to cook. So I guess my blog's theme this year will be blogging my experience with building a business.

I'm watching Confessions of a Shopaholic. Her parents spent their life savings on a dump of a motor home. They obviously did not save much money or they didn't make enough money to begin with to save a decent amount of money for something worth while. Note to anyone reading today's entry: NOBODY EVER GOT RICH SAVING MONEY. Did you get that? I've realized though some people are perfectly happy being absolutely and undeniably ignorant about money. For example, someone I know is perfectly content about spending money without having any additional income.

Normally, I'd say people have the right to be ignoramuses about money, but because tax payers like myself who are responsible with money end up footing the bill thanks to all the government bailouts.

If I could give anyone advice regarding money it would be this: Read as much as you can on the subject of money and find someone (with money) to mentor you. What I mean when I write someone with money, I mean someone who makes money not earns money from a job. Profits are better than wages.

Good night.

0 comments: