Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Day 311



364 is the actual number won by Obama in the electoral votes.

It was a somber day at work yesterday. I work with McCain/Palin supporters and everyone just seemed to be resentful (if that’s the right word). Conversations would stop whenever I’d walk into a room. I suspect it was because the election was the topic of discussion and they didn’t want me to hear how much they hated the idea of Obama being president in front of me, a black person and someone who probably voted for Obama (but didn’t because he was in favor of the bailout).

Today, work was much better. People seemed to get over it rather quickly. The young bucks spoke about the election and what they expect for the future. Not as much doom and gloom but not exactly optimism.

I’m experiencing so many emotions right now. Fear. Trust. Sadness. Elation. I’m overwhelmed, in disbelief, hopeful, optimistic, pessimistic, and just unbelievably relieved the election is over. But when I think about the next 4 years, all those emotions come back. If I thought the Clinton and Bush Jr. years were riddled with scandal, OH MY GOSH, the next 4 years are going to be ugly. It’s already getting ugly. I’d link to some of the conservative Web sites but they are already ripping into Obama and he hasn’t even taken office! I hope Obama can keep his nose clean because folks are going to be looking for anything

Why are we expected to deal with the Russians? How many countries are there in Europe and why haven’t any of those countries put their foot down to the Russian bullies? Come on!

The Russians don’t seem to be phased by Obama’s election and I can see why. We can’t possibly get anything started with Russian until we finish with the Iraqi or Afghani situations and get our economy on track. Two wars were just too much and too expensive.

I was going to write something interesting but I was in a good mood when I sat down to blog. For some reason, when I’m feeling depressed, all the good ideas come to mind. I’ll be doing more political blogging over the next 4 years.

When I was getting out my car today, the thugs who live across the street from me yelled some vulgar pick up lines at me. Classy. I pretended to not hear it. I hope this isn’t going to be a habit. I hate the thought of being sexually harassed every time I leave my house.

OMG! I just heard a news teaser about how the Governator is planning to raise state taxes up to 10%!! See, I told you, taxes are going to go up. Unbelievable! As if all those props that got passed don't already add to more money out of our pockets. I think it's time to leave California.

0 comments: