Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 317



I just used my Smartdisk Titanium Floppy disc drive and I was able to retrieve my creative writing assignments from 2002. Here is a sneak peek of an introduction I wrote. The assignment was to have a character I created introduce me to the class. Hope you enjoy.

"My name is Maxine and I’m going to tell you about my Shavonne. She’s been a part of my life since the summer of 2002. She hasn’t done much with me except pair me up with some white guy. Not that I don’t like him and all because I’m crazy about him, it’s just that my parents wouldn’t approve of him.

Based on my predicament, I gather Shavonne likes complicated subjects. That’s probably why I’m a black female living with a white guy my senior year of college. We’re not going to get into the boyfriend I had during high school and my first two years of college. He turned out to be gay. My parents were devastated to hear the news.

Have I told you about her feminist side? She swears up and down she’s not, but she has many feminist tendencies. She firmly believes in maintaining her independent woman status. She refuses to believe she needs a man to make her life complete, although she does want a man. Her mother raised her to think that way. That’s probably (and I say it’s a wild guess) why she’s never been in a relationship with a guy that’s gone past two weeks. “Love them hard and leave them fast” is her motto. Thank Shavonne I don’t have that problem.

The one wish I have for my girl Shavonne would be for her to get back to writing the rest of my story. Let me tell you the last thing she had me doing. I was sitting on the toilet doing the number one while my boyfriend stood in the doorway of the bathroom watching. Just because her life is uncertain, doesn’t mean mine has to be. Can I wipe anytime soon?" - Maxine
Do you think it’s possible to be wrong about yourself? I don’t think I’m a feminist. I’m more traditional in mind but living in a contemporary world. Plus, I’ve never had a satisfying relationship, which is why I have no real desire to be in one. I’m not against commitment, I’m against infidelity, betrayal, and disappointment. I’ve never experienced infidelity and betrayal but I sure have plenty of stories of disappointment.

What a boring subject.

Now about the bailout. The U.S. backs away from plan to buy bad assets. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. However, in light of all this talk about making it easier for people to obtain credit, I call a big. fat. HELL NO! That’s exactly what got us into this mess to begin with. You know what, if people have the money to buy because of personal debt, then they don’t need more credit.

And as far as the auto industry, I wouldn’t give the big 3 a bailout either. I mean if the oil embargo of the 1970s didn’t teach them about the dangers of producing oversized, gas-guzzling vehicles, then they should learn it this time. Producing vehicles people will stop buy once gas prices skyrocket is just plain stupid.

On the plus side for people who are responsible with their money and live well below their means, there rare investment opportunities galore. GM and Ford’s stock prices are $2.92 and $1.80, respectively. Now, I’m going to keep an eye on GM and Ford as I don’t want to invest money in stocks with the companies only for the two automakers to close shop. That’s money down the drain. However, if things pick up, and I don’t see this happening soon, the stock purchase will be worth it.

0 comments: