Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 318



I’m so tired of school I could vomit. How is it that people spend over a decade just going to school? Is it worth all the debt and time? I get to the point with school where I just get lazy and stop caring. At this point, being an honor grad doesn’t thrill me because I’m just plain tired of school despite being almost done. I should be saying to myself “Keep going. Keep putting 100% effort in your school work. You are only 11 weeks away from the finish line. You can do it.”

I think I need to get over myself. My doubt just now stemmed from almost having a nervous breakdown because I thought I didn’t do the assignment the way it was supposed to be done. I’ve been having issues with this lately as I do follow the assignments but my instructors grade me otherwise. I’ve had to have them reevaluate their reasons for marking me down. It turns out I was right, and they were wrong.

I know how to read and follow instructions.

I’m in the middle of working on the bigger paper for the class I finish on Monday so I will have some time this weekend to work on the smaller paper for the class I started this week. I just love overlapping my courses. I wish I had done this sooner as I would be finished December 23rd instead of February 9th.

People keep asking me if I’m going to go to graduation. I’m not very sentimental about stuff like that. I figure the only vindication I need is that piece of paper. I’d probably be more tempted to go to graduation if I actually knew my classmates but they are just virtual entities that I work with only when I have to. It’s hard to develop relationships with people you only meet in the online environment though it is possible. I managed to develop a friendship with someone from my first class. We lost touch after I went to Afghanistan. I wasn’t able to log on to MSN Messenger. I’ve tried to contact her but the email addresses I have for her are no longer good. The good thing is, she knows I blog. So, hopefully she will come across it and shoot me an email.

It seems everyone is catching illnesses. Two people I know have missed a week of work. I hope I don’t get it. I hate being sick. It makes school and work just that much worse. I never get sick when I want to though. When I was in the Army, I would get really sick but never sick enough to get put on quarters until that one time I got rushed to the hospital because I passed out in the hallway due to fatigue. I wasn’t able to each much and was low on energy. I would have been fine but I had to go to PT formation and it was snowing outside and it all my energy to drive through the snow. I didn’t think I would make it back to the barracks.

I think when I’m done with school, I’m going to try digging for gold for a couple of days. I just saw a news teaser about gold digging. On top of that, I’m going to try digging for diamonds in Arkansas. I’m hoping to find about $200,000 so I can quit my job and write full time until the market improves. Actually, I think I might need more than $200,000 because I’m sure the government will take like 75%.

I had a very small hair growing on the tip of my nose. It was small but the fact that it took up residence on the tip of my nose was the tip of the iceberg. Who grows hair on the tip of their nose? I understand hair on the inside. But on the tip!!!

I’m done ranting. I need to get back to writing my paper.

0 comments: