Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Day 312



I can’t believe minors in California are allowed to have abortions without parental consent. I just can’t believe it. How much sense does that make? Allow underage girls to have abortions to protect her from abusive parents? It just doesn’t make sense. If the girls are abused, then

The proposition to ban abortion was defeated in South Dakota! The folks in Colorado defeated Amendment 48, which would have assigned legal personhood to embryos, with the attendant result of prohibiting abortion, popular forms of contraception, certain practices related to fertility treatments, and promising scientific research. I’ve always said that pro-life extremists want a birth control ban-period. Married couples (and even less responsible folks) have a right to decide on the number of children they have, though I think the less responsible should just keep their legs closed.

I’m a fan of the Duggar family, but not everyone wants a family as large as the Duggar’s.

But I guess it all depends on your perspective. I’ve heard the arguments against large families because of the impact on the environment and issues of population control (don’t want to end up like China). Yet, if you believe in a higher power, then trusting in G-d and allowing G-d to decide on the number of children you have, is just as compelling.

I don’t think abortion is the answer to population control and an unwanted unplanned child. (Every child is wanted, if not by the mother, then by couples looking to adopt.)

0 comments: