Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Day 190

I think movies just plain suck. I'm tired of watching movies only to be disappointed. I rented 10,000 B.C., The Eye, and Jumper, and all three movies were terrible.

Jumper had the potential to be a really good movie. I've been reading Story by Robert McKee, and he says:

"The final cause for the decline of story runs very deep. Values the positive/negative charges of life, are at the sour of our art. The writer shapes story around a perception of what's worth living for, what's worth dying for, what's foolish to pursue, the meaning of justice, truth-the essential values. In decades past, writer and society more or less agreed on these questions, but more and more ours has become an age of moral and ethical cynicism, relativism, and subjectivism-a great confusion of values....This erosion of values has brought with it a corresponding erosion of story."


I think this is what I'm seeing in movies; the reason why most movies are so unsatisfying. I absolutely dread going to see a movie nowadays.

I can't get no satisfaction. Dang. Watching movies is like being in an unsatisfying relationship-always disappointed and left with some sort of scar for life.

0 comments: