Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 197

I went to see Kung Fu Panda today after work. It was a cute movie. I'm glad I went to see it. It was much better than Jumper.

I've become obsessed with food. I think that's why I liked Kung Fu Panda so much. I could relate to Po (the panda). He liked food.

I was reading the Kitchen Wench blog and the blog owner described South Korea as a democracy, but also as 'occupied' by Americans. The word that struck me was 'occupied' because when I was there hundreds of weeks ago, they (the Army) kept drilling into our heads that we were keeping South Korea liberated from communists.

When I was there, I can recall the younger generation of South Korea protesting the presence of American troops (there's between 20,000 to 30,000 there). I got the impression we were there for other reasons but I couldn't put my finger on it. Some theorized it was because we needed a strategic location in Asia so American troops could quickly respond to any conflict that could arise. The U.S. did fight in wars against the Viet Cong, Japan, and because of China's communist government, we have to keep a close eye on them, too.

I personally think China is our biggest threat because of the size of it's Army. Even a million men on bikes could do us serious harm. Look at what just a few plane-flying Islamofascists did on 9/11. China is also our biggest competitor as far as the world's natural resources, i.e., oil.

Which makes me think about how the Pro-lifers find China's abortion policy horrendous. I mean a country can only feed so many people and those people have to live somewhere. Some Americans have issues with Mexicans hopping the border. I don't think those same people would take to allowing millions of Chinese on our shores. Just think, American children would actually have to study and work hard in school to earn their grades.

I hear BBD (Bel Biv Devoe) coming from somebody's house and I can't believe the lyrics to the songs. So dirty. My mom let me listen to that stuff we I was a little bit. Unfricken real. I tell you, if God ever cursed some child to have me as its mother, I would never let the kid listen to that stuff. My kid is going to like country music.

0 comments: