Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 205

Yesterday's blog entry was very disappointing. I was going to write something interesting today about Dave Chappelle's sense of humor but the images I was going to link to have been removed from the net.

So much for free speech, even if it is ignorant.

Anyway, the website with the pictures I'm referring to is Brangolf. I came across this website a few years ago and in the humor section were what I considered disturbing caricatures of blacks and Jews.

What I think is ironic about the pictures is they are no different that the portrayals of blacks in movies like Soul Plane and the skits I've seen on Dave Chappelle's show, yet the content of Brangolf is considered racist and Soul Plane and Dave Chappelle's Show are/were considered funny. I don't get it. What's the difference? I thought I was going to cry when I saw Soul Plane. If you haven't seen it, don't watch it.

Ha! I just read Dave Chappelle's Wikipedia page. If this page is true, then even Dave Chappelle started to question the content of his show.

0 comments: