Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 203

What a long day! All my days are long in the wrong way. I wish the workday was shorter and the rest of my day longer.

I've been meaning to write something on Sisterlocks and what peeked my interest about them. I received a scolding from someone not too long ago about my laughter at the way a commenter on my blog described the way a set of traditional locks felt like when she touched them. If you are that interested in what this person wrote, click on my Sisterlocks category (to the left) and read through the archives.

I never thought about locking my hair until I came across Sisterlocks. I had considered cutting off all my hair but never locking. The things I read to maintain traditional locks didn't appeal to me because I don't like putting products in my hair. So wax, honey, gel, etc., are things that I scream dirty in the sense that the tiniest of debris in the air would have something sticky to cling to and that is outright gross for my head. I haven't used hair oil in my hair in years and I recently stopped using leave-in conditioner.

I bought some Curlicious hair shampoo and conditioner and leave-in condition and I thought the products were yucky in the sense that they smelled like coconut and milkshake, and when I wet my hair to wash using my regular shampoo/conditioner, my hair felt slimy.

I like the way Sisterlocks look because they are well groomed and also because they look more 'Shavonne' that other locks. In the end, it's my hair and I don't care how other people may love traditional or free-formed locks. I don't care how other locks may feel and I don't care how great other people look in them. Traditional is not for me.

Forgive me if there are grammar/spelling mistakes. I'm tired and don't feel like editing anything when I get home from work.

0 comments: