Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Day 191

Aren't heroes supposed to use their powers to help people?

I mentioned in my last post how I watched three movies yesterday and one movie in particular had the potential to be a really good movie.

I watched the special features of the movie Jumper and the director was talking about how he liked the story because of the hero. WTF?

There was no hero in the movie. David, the main character, used his jumping ability for personal gain. For example, David robbed banks to keep his lavish lifestyle. Also, when David jumped through his apartment to get his is vault of stolen cash, he jumps past his tv set and there was a story on it about people being stranded on rooftops during a flood with no way of being rescued. David stops for a second to listen to the story and then he continues to jump to his stolen cash! Hello!?! There were people in need!!! He could have helped them but he didn't.

When David is trying to get away from the Samuel L. Jackson's character (a hunter of jumpers) David claims he different from other jumpers. Different how? The only other jumper (Griffin) in the movie was a thief, too.

David didn't save those people in the flood, leaving the jumper hunter stranded in the Grand Canyon is the next best thing.

I just finished watching Under One Roof (the Flava Flav show). I wasn't trying to watch it, I had been watching King of Queens and That 70s Show before it came on and I was too busy trying to participate in school to change the channel. All I can say is, it's shows like Under One Roof that make me change the channel whenever a predominately black casted show comes on. The show is so full of stereotypes. I'd rather not see any black faces on tv than see them on shows like Under One Roof. No representation is better than bad representation.

0 comments: