Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 16

I read in an article of Wired magazine where the future of entertainment resides on the Internet. I can't remember everything the article said because I read the darn thing when I was in Afghanistan, but I do recall a particular video blog, Lonelygirl15.

It can be found on YouTube and according to that article in Wired magazine, the video blog generates $10,000 a month from advertisements. That's a pretty nice chuck of change for 2 to 4 minutes of a "show" that probably took a couple of hours to write, shoot and edit.

Which brings me to why I'm excited about Apple TV. You can now watch YouTube on Apple TV which is great if you're like me and don't like the nonsense that has become television. Combine the lack of good content and outrageous cable bills and I've pretty much got a good reason to an Apple TV.

Of course I won't. I would rather produce content to be seen on Apple TV than actually watch it. And that's why I'm so excited about it.

I've been able to watch some of my favorite tv programs over the Internet which is great because I'm not bound to times when my favorite shows air. I can watch Bionic Woman any time during the week I so choose. It's television on demand. It's the kind of tv I like best because of my schedule.

I have cut this short as I promised myself I would be in bed by 9 p.m. and it is now 9:10. More on this tomorrow.