Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 26

Ah, I'm about to take a break from studying. I've been at it all day long. I had to spruce up the team paper and attempt to finish my final exam. I still have 6 more multiple choice and 3 essay questions to finish before Monday COB.

I'm so tired of finance and accounting but I've definitely learned a lot. This class has really got me paying attention to my investments and the economy. Right now my investments are losing money but this is the best market for finding bargain investments. I will meet with a financial advisor on Thursday to discuss the possibilities.

I purchased a copy of Oscar Micheaux's Within Our Gates from Amazon last week. I couldn't believe that I could get a copy of this movie as the movie is from the Silent Film era. It's not the best film but what film was during that time? The plot is all over the place. But in the end I think it is worth owning a little history because if I recall, Oscar Micheaux was the first black filmmaker. (BTW, I actually hate keeping tally of "the first" but I think this is worth mentioning.)This got me thinking. When I have free time, which is basically when I get done with school, I would like to make a short silent film.

I came across a website that puts trips together for single people like myself. One of my cousins told me about it. She went to a couple of places through singlestravelservice.com.

Anyway, I have my eye on a trip to China or Brazil, with much interest in China. The only problem I have with the trip to China is I don't think the trip is long enough. I would like 2 weeks minimum to spend there because it is a very large country.