Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Day 7

I don't know why every time I sit to compose my next greatest blog post, I can never remember what I wanted to write about.

I've got one year, one month and three weeks of school left. I already wrote about this.

I'm tired of talking about my hair. I'm tired of combing my hair. I'm tired of picking my hair up off the floor. Hair in general...

I've been checking out some more blogs on Sisterlocks. I'm discovering how different they look on different people. I've come across some blogs where the individuals locks look a little unkept.

I've worn braids before, and as soon as the braids started to frizz, I would take my braids out. Of course it doesn't take long for the braids to frizz and I would be spending hours taking the darn things out.

I've read that the frequency of which one gets their hair tightened determines how manicured the locks look. Now, my hair grows pretty darn fast, so I guestimate I would have to have my hair tightened every 3 to 4 weeks, maybe even sooner as I can't stand frizz.

If I were to get Sisterlocks, I would want them to look like Renea's. Her locks are so perfect (yes, I stalk her blog) but I suspect the way they look has a lot to do with hair texture and maintenance. (I'll be spending some of my free time reading some of her older posts to figure this out.)

I skimmed through some magazine a couple of weeks ago and there was a short article in there about 20 things women should let go of in the new year. The only one I can remember is the one about lusting over a celebrity. The other 19 things on the list I let go of years ago (I'm not telling my age BTW) but this is the one thing I just can't let go of.

This celebrity is smoking HOT!!! I. MEAN. HOT! I don't think I would have ever noticed him if it weren't for that one movie I saw where just about everyone was smoking HOT!

I think I'm going to go to the doctor's because I can't shake this cold I have. The only problem is EVERYBODY is getting sick with whatever I got, so I might not be able to shake it even if I tried. We'll just keep passing it back and forth. I hate cubicles.

Enough blogging. I've got a couple of chapters I need to read. Until tomorrow.