Welcome. Enjoy.

This is just a test to see if this looks good. My other blog is shavonne.org

About Me

My photo
What do you want to know? I will tell you anything. Feel free to browse my blog.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Doubts about Sisterlocks

I've been searching the blogosphere for more blogs on Sisterlocks. I came across this one.


I haven't gotten many positive reactions when I told people what I want to do with my hair. For the most part, everyone has said I would have a hard time getting a job. I've shown them blogs of Sisterlock wearers and for the most part, they like the way the hair looks. There's still doubt about the locks, like how will I take them out. Of course you don't but they can't comprehend why I would want to wear my hair like that for years. These are people who haven't changed their hairstyles in decades!


I've been wearing my hair the same way for years so far. I doubt I would ever get tired of not being able to yank out my hair or having my scalp burned by a hair dresser.


I brought up the subject in my last class since the topic was employment law and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I provided links to this blog and asked my classmates if the hairstyle was neat in appearance and if they would hire the individual. Most of them said they would. I don't think I got honest opinions.